Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need health question input thanks. UPDATED 1/16/06

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sweetk30, Jan 10, 2006.

1. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

the past week or 2 i have had this small pressure/fuzzy feeling in my chest just off the center of my chest. it comes and goes at times. if i breath real hard it is thare more. no other problems to think of.

i am 27 years old 6ft tall and around 225 lbs. yes a bit over for me. i am a meat and potatos and pizza kind of guy. no real excersize stuff for me. i am on my feet 8-9 hrs a day and walking all over the place.

any input would be great guys. thanks.:crazy:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Go see your doctor and get a physical.

3. sweetk30

are thay going to want to touch me in the no no place?:D

i need to get my health insurence from new job yet so thats why i asked first.

4. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Get checked...

It could be any of several things wrong..from as serious as a heart problem,to just a few sore muscles under your breastbone..I had chest pains a lot,and they were dismissed as an arthritic condition in the breastbone muscles..that was 15 years ago..I still get them now too,and swear I'm having a heart attack,but the doctor I go to says its nothing serious..I have my doubts!:eek1:

I'd go get the physical for your health insurance..they will likely focus on finding any sign of heart diseases,or cancer...many folks get diagnosed with serious medical problems during insurance physicals..hope your not one of them..

I lost my 2 best friends to heart diseases..one was a heavy smoker,drinker,and general hell raiser,as well as a hard worker..his early demise was sad,but not really a shock,considering his lifestyle..his doctor said he was suprised he was as good as he was,considering how he treated himself..he died 9 days after having abcessed teeth pulled,(a contributing factor,the coroner said)--and he was on heart medication,and drank Segram's 7 in excess after taking his pills...vomited in his sleep,and suffocated..:(

The other guy was a tee-totaler,never drank,smoked,or did any drugs,and was as strong as an ox..even had a phyisical about a year before he died,and nothing wrong was noted..in fact,he was supposedly in "excellent" health..so you can never be 100% sure..but it hurts nothing to get checked out,and early detection usually means a complete and easier cure,IF they do find a problem..

I hate doctors,hospitals,and being "probed"..I put off having a sore nut sack and testicle checked for 2 years or longer,due to embarassment and my general distrust of the medical profession..I ended up with one being removed,due to a tumor growing on it..supposedly "pre cancerous"..I should have had it done sooner..but my attitude remains the same..I still hate hospitals and doctors and dentists..I always assosiate them with pain,illness,and death..not health,for whatever reason..

One thing to watch out for during the physical..when its time for the "prostrate" exam,and the doctor greases up the latex glove,and tells you to bend over,and it might be "uncomfortable"...make sure its his FINGER he's shoving up there, and not something else!:yikes: ...:doah: ..I HATE that part of the "examination"..I think the doctors enjoy it..perverts....!!..:frown1:

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

What side of your chest? If it's the left side, it could be heart related.

Regardless, quit being proud and make a doctor's appointment pronto. Just so you know, we have a "no dying" rule in the Lounge- basically, you are not allowed to die if you're a Lounge Lizard. So go get checked out ASAP, please.:deal:

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I hope your alright. Take advantage of your medical coverage from your work man, medical isnt cheap. Take advantage of that to the fullest. Good luck,

jake

7. sweetk30

thanks for the input guys. i am a non smoker and few drinks a month . the pain is in the left side. if it was you it would be your left side also just so we get the same side .

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, definitely doctor time. I hate going too... but it could literally save your life. Might as well do it, assuming you want to live. :)

j

9. sweetk30

sunday was not the greatest day for me . so today on monday i will be going to the doctors and will find out what it is. will keep my friends hear on ck5 up to date on my problems. :( :1zhelp: :hack: :grind: :1zhelp: :dunno:

10. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Feeling like crap sucks... I hope all is well.

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Keep us updated Woodchuck.

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

yikes! keep us informed man! I hope all is well>

13. sweetk30

thay took 4 gal of blood. and chest scan with the sticky pads and wires. then 2 xrays and also schedualed me a stress test. said all blood work looks o.k. no real hart problems to see yet.

14. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

So far, so good. So, what's causing the pain?

15. fred2mihi

fred2mihi 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had simmilar symptoms to yours, plus no energy, any activity and I was totally worn out! Finally one morning I couldn't take it anymore, went to the ER and 3 hours later I was having a stent put in one my heart vessels. That was at age 49 nearly 10 years ago. Your life style and genetics can be contributing factors. Swallow your "MANLY PRIDE" thingy and get checked out, SOON!!!

fred2mihi

16. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

I went thru some scarey **** like that about 6 months ago, did the stress test, wow, if that doesnt kill ya your o.k. Tell us what you think of that after you have it. I'm fine, I was just stressing over a move and new job. Good luck.

17. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

did you go to your doctors or to the hospital, i was just wondering because i know horseheads isnt too far from here in binghamton and there are some good docs around here that helped my grandfather with several heart and chest related issues.

18. sweetk30

my doc. and we have a few good ers for heart problems in elmira. thanks.