Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need heater core help???? Pic included

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stallion85, Jan 31, 2004.

1. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

I have used the write up from here on CK5, I am almost there but can't figure out how to pull the core out of the box. It feels like it is still screwed in but there are none left. I don't want to break anything tryin to pry it out. Any ideas or hints. It's almost drk and I want to get it done. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    [​IMG]

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

There are 6 bolts that hold that ring in place to hold the core in, you sure you have them all?

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

One of the shafts needs to come out also. Look at it, and you will see one of them runs all the way through.

4. stallion85

I will look at it tomorrow, it started to get dark and I decided to start tomorrow. Thanks for the help, I figured I was forking somethin' up` /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Oh yea wish me luck on gettin all that crap back together without any extra bolts /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Or back together period!!

5. TJS

TJS 1/2 ton status

Ahhh this brings back memeories. I just did this a few weeks ago. It was the snow storm before Christmas in the NE and I was fighting againts time (snowplow customers were calling). Yes one of the blend door shafts has to come out and the whole box needs to come apart.
    T.J.

6. stallion85

Dang! I was hoping it wouldn't have to come to that /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Ohh I see the problem> the blend door has a slot that it will come out of after the retainer rign with the 6 bolts are removed.

Now looking at that picture it looks like you still have the cable on the blend door. That has to come off. looking at the picture that's the cable at the botom of the picture (top of the box when it's installed.).

8. stallion85

[​IMG]

Is this what you guys are talking about? Can I remove that washer that holds the cable and reuse it? Which one needs to be pulled? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Have pity on me /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

9. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

IIRC, the left one seperates, the right one slides all the way out. Check, it should run all the way through.

On the inside, there is something that needs to be disconnected also.

Getting it to all line up right when reassembling sucks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

10. stallion85

Word /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif