Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help! 1350 on a ten bolt

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 91gmcjimmyCH_IL, Dec 8, 2001.

1. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

I am putting in a SYE kit and I am getting a 1-ton drive shaft from tom woods. The thing is I have to get thte driveshaft right away and in order to avoid high costs of modifying the shaft in a month or two when I get a 14b I want to put a 1350 yoke on my ten bolt. I think this is possible but since i've only dealt with ten bolts I don't know for sure. If it is possible does anyone have a 1350 yoke they could sell me. I can't find a junkyard remotely close to where I live so I need to find one somewhere else. of course i could buy a new one but I don't have that kind of money.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

You should be able to use the conversion u-joint that everyone uses with a 14bolt and a 1/2 ton driveshaft. It is a #447 from Napa. You could also get it from tom woods when you get your driveshaft.

'71 Blazer CST w/ a 400sbc, 4" lift, 36" Supper Swampers, and alot of rust
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/triaged>See it Here </a>

3. K5Junkie

K5Junkie 1/2 ton status

I did the SYE and 1 ton shafts from HighAngleDrivelines and just bought a new yoke from Jess. You can by them new relatively cheap.
    I believe you will have to shorten the driveshaft anyway when you pu the 14 bolt in.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/k5junkie>My Photos</a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/jmargtx/index.html>My Webpage</a>

4. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

I talked to tom and he said that he doesn't know of a conversion jiont from 1350 to SR series. so what I think I'll have to do is send it back to him when I get my 14 bolt.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Napa has the joint that everyone uses to mate 1/2 (1310 I think)drivshaft to a 1350 series yoke on the 14 bolt. If you have a 1350 drivshaft, then the the 1310 part of the joint should go right on your 10 bolt. The hybrid joint is half 1310 and half 1350.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

6. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

I'm confused what Yoke does the GM corp ten bolt have if it's form 91' SR whatever or a 1310.
    Please be a 1310?

7. Hossbaby50

If they changed the series joint for the rear end then I'm wrong. I didn't know they did. You might be able to get a yoke from an older 10 bolt from the junkyard and then use the hybrid joint. Or get the new yoke from Jesse at High Angle Driveline.

8. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

I'm pretty sure they did change the series but until a couple of days a go I had never heard of SR whatever. the snap rings go on the inside. Get this I start hearing some wicked nioses when I'm cruising so i get under to tinker around and I hold the rear u-joint between my fingers and I can wiggle the end caps back and forth through the straps on the yoke, tightened the strappies and it still does it then I look up at the t-case u-joint and a snap ring looks like it's about to fall off. Damn U-jionts.

9. Hossbaby50

U joints are a PITA. I was changing one in my rear driveshaft over Thanksgiving, and was putting on the last snap ring. I don't have a joint tool, so I was using some needle nose pliers to put the c clip in and it slipped and I stabbed myself between my index finger and thumb. The hole was huge. I hate u joints.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Honestly, I've explained this to you so many times I'm at my wits end. If you want to do this SYE swap so bad, do it, use the #447 u joint, and you'll be in business. I told you that on the phone, I have told you here, and honestly, if you don't care what I say anymore, you can look elsewhere to find someone to help you.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

11. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

Tom Woods can sell you one! Are you talking to Troy or Tom?? I had Tom make me a 1350 stock-like replacement shaft a few years ago with 1350 u-joints to go in my stock Blazer. Tom included the rear 10-bolt pinion yoke that fit the 10-bolt &amp; was the correct size for a 1350 u-joint!

If your shaft is coming from Tom; then you've found your yoke source &amp; it was only $20-$30 if I remember correctly.

Good Luck

Brian
    89KBlazer

Build it Right or Don't build it at all!!