Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help 2 Buy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Doc Bony Bone, Jun 6, 2000.

1. Doc Bony Bone

Doc Bony Bone Newbie

I'm interested in buying a 72-75 Blazer, mainly because I want a fully removable top. What should I look for in a used Blazer? Any common problems I should look for? Is any one model year better than another?

I know it may sound like blasphemy to you all, but I've always liked the old Broncos, too. They tend to be rusty, though. The larger Blazer is more of a truck, but with a 350, it's hard to beat. I'm not interested in major off-road use, just the yuppy weekend driving around town stuff..... you know kind of wimpy. I think it could boost my image in this NC county with lots of good ol' boys.

Doc Bony Bone

2. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

If you want the smaller body look at the 69-72 models. They are shorter than the 73 and up models. Oh, I also think they are the best. But then again I have 2 of them. Just find one not too rusted and good luck.

3. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

Check for rust. Some body rust is OK and can be changed with some a little difficulty. Don't bother with any structural rust of coarse. K5's aren't immune to the rust like some bronco's I think the main thing with the rust is where the truck came from. Look back a few posts ago there was a guy with a sharp, clean 88 I think or something that new that had from what he said alot of I believe floor rust and support rust. So looks can be decieving so look under a vehicle real good especially from up north...

Wasn't me.............

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I have a '74 GMC, I love it with the top off! I like the later '73-'75 a little better due to better creature comforts.
    All the electric goodies, windows, locks , newer style A/C and they are a little easier to find parts for. You can buy just about anything for either model from the aftermarket though. The '72 style really looks good all fixed up.....so buy the one you like....you cant' go wrong! The guys here can help ya fix anything!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm