Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help: 250 engine block engine mounting brackets,

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Sep 13, 2003.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I cant beleive you cant find any 250 engine mount brackets in the boneyards,there are quite a few in the yards in my area.The problem is they wont take things like that out and ship them to you--you have to pull them yourself,they dont want to be bothered shipping stuff.A friend of mine and I had to go searching the yards for a 292 bracket when he put a 292 in place of his blown up 250--we ended up moving the existing mount because 292's are like hen's teeth to find--but we saw lots of 250's.If you want to take a ride to Middleboro mass,there are 3 junkyards at least that I know would most likely have several trucks to pick on! I dont think it would be worth it to try and make your own unless you had some to copy--measuring alone would be a tough job to make them come out right. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

I have some I6 engine brackets, but I don't know what size it is, and the truck there in is 100mi away. How can I tell what engine I have?

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if its 73-up then mostlikely its what i need, heh

i foundout about a 70 something pickup with a 6 cyl in it for sale for 400 bucks on state street so im gonna go look and see if its got what i need and if so then i can atleast get dimensions with the tape measure.
    i need the length from block down to engine mount, the inside width(outside widthof the ckamshellmounts) are all same 73-up v8 and 6 cyl, i would just need to know the length they are supposed to be to get engine height and driveline alignment correct and engine centered in comprtment right.

if you have a pair that you can sell me then lemmeknow of if anyone can get a yard ot mail a pair then lemme know that too, please, this setup was base equipment for a longggggggg time but doesnt mean its common and findable anymore stuff got scrapped or converted to v8, i still see a few 67-72 6 cyl trucks but not any 73-up, i have tons of 63-72 engine mount parts for 250 and for 292(pass side different) so hmm.. does me no good in a 78. and thne i gotta deal with acclerator pedal linkage, i have a rod type linkage carb and 78 were cable operated, hmm..

parts are so hard to find around here in this county that i have been literallylooking for over a year now just for a stock steel carpattern rear wheel drive 15" wheel for a spare for the 83 caprice, cant evne find one let alone four that my stepdad needs for a car trailer he has, this stuff goes sctraight totowing yards and scrap ayrds that will not part out, demo derbies have taken their toll on RWD car population and drivetrains too. thats the largest event around here, theres only 30,000 pplin the whole county, not much happens around here.

thanks

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

hmm well the truck that was for sale that i was told has a 6 cyl in it is gone, hmm.. crap.

im just gonna have to go with mocking up a pair out of cardboard and have stepdad weld a pair up after i cut the pieces out of flat steel and getthem ready, i gotta do something..

thanks

6. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

The truck I have is a '80. I'll take them off for you next time I am up there, but I don't know when that would be. I would like to just drive up and get 'em but its over 100 mi. away.
    Are you looking for a throtle cable for the 6 cyl also?

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

yes i need throttle cable also, but the thing is that i have a remanufactured carb but it is for rod style linkage of 70 and older, so hmm,.., there should be bracket and such mounted to intake manifold for the cable style 73-up, does the 80 happen to have a th350 behind the 250 engine ?

thanks
    R