Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help a.s.a.p.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazin Ed, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

I'm currently working on a '88 with the stock 10b up front. I removed the hub but I'm at the point where I see the wheel nut w/ 4 slots. The problem I'm having is that there's what appears to be a small round nut in front of it with a 1/4" slot in it. My question is... is that part of the wheel nut? If not, how the heck do you remove it? I tried tapping it lightly with a screwdriver then decided to ask the experts before I mess something up... Could someone let me know asap..

Thanks!

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

got a picture of what you're looking at? all i can figure is you got the hub dial off and the hub gears out, and the snapring... so now you need to get the first hub nut off?

3. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Small round "nut" which has several small holes in it?...should come straight out...sometimes greases makes it hard to release, but it's not threaded on...assuming you have the Hub Socket, if not, they're about $20 at NAPA or the Zone...I just did bearings and hubs on my 89... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Blazin Ed

Blazin Ed Registered Member

I got it taken care of!

Thanks!