Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help and Fast turbo 350 and NP205

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AmericanFreak, Jan 6, 2002.

1. AmericanFreak

AmericanFreak Registered Member

Alright i fried my 700r4 in my 1986 blazer it has a 305. I got a Good deal on a Turbo 350 trans and an Np 205 transfer case. Has anyone done this to a blazer? It has a Np208 now but its almost gone. So what kind of work do i have to do to get it to match up? Also will i need adaptors to match them up. Thanks Cody

2. Big_B_Murphy

Big_B_Murphy 1/2 ton status

Assuming that the TH350 is currently connected to the NP205. You will need a new rear drive shaft. The 208 takes a slip yoke into the t-case while the 205 has a fixed yoke with a slip joint on the the center section of the driveshaft. Your front driveshaft may or may not work. You will also need to run a vacuum hose from the vacuum modulator on the th350 to a manifold vacuum.
    It is not all that difficult of a conversion.

<font color=red> It is just as much fun to build it as it is to bash it</font color=red>

3. bigredbeast

bigredbeast Newbie

I am looking at doing the same swap does it look like you will be able to use the same crossmember or will you have to get one for a 350/205 combo? I also have a 86 full size blazer