Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help, any 700R4 and transfer case buffs!

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Khi5in, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Khi5in

Khi5in Registered Member

I have an 86 k5 305, 700r4 and t208 case. carburated. Heres the dilema. Had a converter problem, truck was stuck in lockup mode. Enter new trans. Now I am in N.E. and have a snow plow. This is all I have this truck for really. Went to plow and put in 4 hi lcked the hubs, dropped the blade made a sweep through the driveway, all is fine. picked up the blade was driving about 20mph and the car in font of me was doin 15. so I let off the accelerator and when the car turned I stepped on the pedal and it seemed like the truck was in neutral. I can shift into any gear with the column or the 4wd shift and it don't move. Fluid ok no noises were heard, just won't move. Any ideas? one other question. Does the transfer case drive both front and rear axles by way of the drive chain in the case ? Please help.

2. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Try the 73 and up fourm, I have a 700r4 in my truck but I'm using a 205 case. It was a total conversion as well. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

do you get park? if not check the linkage. i had that problem with mine. the bracket on the tranny worked loose and it got bumped in to nuetral and there she stayed.