Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help ASAP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvyblzr1977, Jan 6, 2005.

1. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

Ok first off let me say i have a 1977 blazer 4x4 350.First does anyone know where i can find a wiper switch for it i cant find one anywhere.Second i have no heat,I had it running full blast it just shut off i checked the fuse and its good.I also checked the low to high switch it still doesnt work and the blower motor is not running either I replace the blower motor a couple of years ago with one from advance so i dont think its that so does anyone have any ideas.Thanks to everyone that helps i really appreciate it.

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I had the same thing happen to my blower motor a few years back. There should be a ground wire bolted to the motor housing, and on mine it was bad and corroded. I moved to another hole and cleaned the contact surface and that took care of the problem.

No idea on the wiper switch.

Rene

3. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

wiper switch = 3 options:
    1. local junkyard (may or maynot work)
    2. Chevyduty www.chevyduty.com
    3. LMC www.lmctruck.com

note LMC requires you to first have their catalogue (free) then you can order parts... also LMC tends to be a little more expensive than Chevyduty, but it has 10x the parts!

4. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

I have the answer/experience

:blush: I just had a similar problem with the heater in my 78' jimmy.First get a new/used blower cut off relay. Cost about $9.99 new but I got a junkyard relay for $2.50.The relay is next to the blower motor, just follow the hot wire from blower to the relay.This fixed my blower problem however the blower would be a screamin' banshee on cold mornings, so I also replaced it. Now the blower works flawless!! Go to the boneyard/U-pull-it and scavenge a relay,heater dash switch,and a wiper dash switch. Probably cost about $2.50 each and a new blower motor @ autozone is $18.99 with a lifetime warranty!!! Good luck and wrench-on

5. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah in the wall of the heater box is this little resister, that gives you your speeds they coroade and turn to ****. it you get stuck and cant find one pm me and i can mail you one for a few bucks. i save them just to have a few extra :thumb:

to check the ground and weather the blower is ok just pull the plug out of the moter and run a wire to your batt. she should just blast. i have just run strate power to a toggle as a good temp fix.

6. chvyblzr1977

chvyblzr1977 Registered Member

thanks everyone

Im gonna check it out tommorow morning and ill let you guys know what i come up with.Thanks everyone for there help

7. spoolnaround

spoolnaround 1/2 ton status

8. 78GMCJIMMY

78GMCJIMMY 1/2 ton status

any updates

:p: Just checkin' on your progress on your 77' Blaze?