Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help ASAP *****UPDATE*****

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TxK5Blazer, Aug 30, 2003.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I need help asap was installing a tach in my k5 and everything worked at first then it died and will not start back up does anyone have any ideas.....Jason

As of the morning of the 31st the truck is running again all I did was unplug the wire that I plugged into the tach spot on my HEI distributor and she started right up now why is this I am drawing a blank as to why it did this because when I first installed the tach she started and ran for about 10 sec then died so what is the deal is there any where else I can tie that wire into other than on the distributor.....Jason

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

Re: need help ASAP

if its HEI....did u hit the power wire that plugs into the cap?? its right next to where the tach plugs in at

NITRO

3. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

NITRO, i was going to say the same thing.alot of people get that messed up,i did. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

not sure if I did or not will have to check in the morning and yes it is HEI. The thing is it started and ran for about 10 seconds and then died was funny and then wouldn't start after that