Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help Badly...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Aug 26, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

After calling a bunch of dealers in Colorado, I have basically given up on them as a source of info...I spent 30 min. on the phone with Purifoy and came away with NOTHING...

I am looking for the part numbers for the shifter bolt the holds the t-case shifter to the adapter on a 465/205 tranny/t-case adapter...Someone here posted a part number for that they used for their bolt...I ordered it and it is the wrong one... It was part number #14009313...I need the one that has the smaller diameter threded section...probably from an older (pre-'72, maybe)...

So does anyone have the part number for t-case shifter bolt the has the smaller diameter threaded section...?

2. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

I have a 205 out of an '86 K30 which has the big bolt, and a 205 out of my 71 Jimmy which has the small bolt. I believe the only difference is the nylon anti-rattle bushing which is installed in the shifter hole in the small-bolt application. If you can live without the bushing, you may be able to utilize the big bolt.
    Good luck

3. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

I did this same thing. I ordered the greasable bolt. happy when I got it cause it was cheaper than it was posted on here. Well it's for the big bolt version...ughh..I need the small version too, is there a part number for a greasable small version (1/2"??) thought about having this one machined down to the size I need

4. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

If you guys can wait till this weekend maybe I can dig up the pre-72 part number out of my old 46-72 GM Truck parts catalog. That will give you a starting place at the parts counter, at least. Remind me by PM if I forget...