Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help big problem !!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6.2 man, Mar 30, 2000.

1. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I have been redoing my 83 Blazer . I got the carpeting , door sill plates and a new headliner . So I thought the seats needed recovered . Well I went to some uphosltory( spell.)shop . To make a long story short , the fabric is not available . The material is Blue cloth and I need about 2 yds . They can give me something close but no cigar . Anybody got any ideas or outlets for discontinued fabrics . I'm trying to keep things as close to original as possible .I need to move on this real soon .Thanks in advance .

2. cp87jimmy

cp87jimmy Registered Member

Hey 6.2, I recently checked on the same thing. The shop I went to had a book with all the GM fabrics by year. Granted my Jimmy is 4 years newer, I think you should be able to find the material at a well equipped shop. If you don't have any luck let me know and I'll check with the shop that I dealt with. Maybe we can get a small sample to them somehow. Good luck, Chris

So addicted it's not EVEN funny!!!!

3. 6.2 man

The shop I went too had a swath of the material in a 83 model book . He called his ditributer and they could no longer get it . Any help would be greatly appreciated .
    Thanks in advance

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

We have a dist her in Oregon called perfect fit. They are wholesalers so the ymay be able to track down your color. They stock thousands of and thousands of rolls of upholstery

5. Blazin'Grrl

Blazin'Grrl Registered Member

Hey, please post the addresses/phone #'s/web addys for these places! I have an 83 Blazer too w/blue seats, and would like new fabric for my seats. Having the original would be very cool.

<font color=purple>Sarah</font color=purple>
    <font color=purple>[​IMG]'83 K-5 Silverado Blazer[​IMG]</font color=purple>

6. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

This is wholesale dist but they may help you find someone locally who has the material. you can find them easily buy going to http://uswestdex.com put in Oregon as the state portland as the city and upholsterers as the category

7. 6.2 man

I'm going back to the shop tomorrow . The guy says he has a swath of material he can get for about half the price of original . he also says it is real close to texture and colors . I will also try the one in Portland called Perfect fit . There is another one down there that is supposed to deal in absolete materials . Will let you know what come up with .

8. 6.2 man

Well I gave up on the material , no one could find it . So I ordered and it is being installed tomorrow . It's a knock off of newer Blazer interior . I saw it in a 85 Suburban they were doing( it matched what was in there ) . It looked really great . Costs about $32.00 a yard and it takes 2 yards to do the seats . I can also get the place where it's sold .