Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help Blazer won't crank to start?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by slickster, Feb 27, 2006.

1. slickster

slickster Registered Member

I'm looking for some help; recently my 93k5 wouldn't start. Maybe this pertains but I jump started my fiances jeep one morning and then proceded to drive in to my office. Everything was fine on in driving in that morning; however that afternoon I was going to lunch and tried starting my truck and had nothing. It's odd because I had power to the fan, stereo, windows so I ruled out the battery being dead. My first thought was starter or solenoid. I've replaced them new that night; and got nothing on trying to crank it over, still power inside but nothing in turning or cranking. I pulled the fuses and checked they were all ok; I pulled a circuit breaker and put it back in and it started up!? The next day I go to start the car and its dead in turning over again?; still power but no cranking. I replaced the circuit breaker and looked for loose connections and nothing still? I've pulled the new starter and had it tested..its fine! My mechanic says they will charge me by the hour with this problem and I can't afford a 300 hundred repair bill now; my wedding's killing the pocket book!

So please if you have any suggestions as to what I need to trouble shoot or look for; a good quick inexpensive mechanic near the DTC or Englewood, Parker please let me know. Thanks much in advance everyone, Shane

2. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

Have you checked your battery cables for corrosion? Sometimes all you need to do is pull the cables and give them a good once over with a wire brush. Buy a terminal cleaner, it'll save you some time.

3. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Loose ground can do that too

4. slickster

slickster Registered Member

Still trouble shooting,

I've pulled the old starter and replaced it and solenoid now twice so I think the corroded battery cable is ruled out; thanks for the heads up though; that's what I need is clues in where to look. I like the comment about a ground; however can anyone be more specific in where to look for loose grounds? Chassis? Starter? ect... Please keep the suggestions coming! Thx, Shane

5. Rhinopkc

Rhinopkc 1/2 ton status

You'd be surprised how many people ignore that green stuff on their terminals. That's why I mentioned it. Make sure that you have a good grounds to the block and to the frame, bad grounds are a major contributor to many electrical problems.