Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help, Brakes aargh!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NewMexK5, Mar 6, 2006.

1. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

I have been searching through the threads on 14 disc brake swaps and keep finding conflicting information on what I need to get my stopping power back. I have seen in a few threads that all it takes is a different proportioning valve or possibly running two T's instead of a prop. valve to get even flow front and rear. Then I see in other threads that I need to replace the master cylinder or use one with two even reservoirs.

If anyone can post up what they did and how there brakes are stopping that would be great. Cause at this point I am even contemplating just putting the drums back on.:screwy:

Thanks,

Tommy:waytogo:

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

The problem you are no doubt finding, is that it seems that since every application is different, not everyone has the same problem. What could be proportioning in one application, might be master cylinder in another.

Not much help I know, but checking out Lepers post, see how many ideas are thrown out there, all of which are plausible causes?

3. NewMexK5

NewMexK5 1/2 ton status

Thanks, just saw the Lepers post right above mine.