Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help building a website

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, I want to build a new website. First of all, it's gotta be free !!!!!!!!!! I want one where I can post alot of pics. Wanta do one about myself, my K5, my cars, friends cars, my family, and my friends, and my hobbys (guns). I've seen a few people have nice sites. I really like Mandy's site. I'd really like a free one without bannors and pop ups, but I would pay for one as long as it's not a monthly charge or too expencive. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Any recomendations ??? I'm still a novice on this dern contraption (Computer), but I'm learning.

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Check to see if your ISP offers webspace. My cable providor offers 5 accounts and each account gets webspace. I use them to host all of my websites.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Most ISP's give you some web space as part of the e-mail and internet access. See if your does and you are home free! Mine gives me 20 megs.

4. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

Yes, my ISP provides 20 mg. Contact yours and have them set up a web directory. Get a FTP program (I use WS_FTP LE it's simple to use) and you can use Frontpage that comes with windows.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I just use the FTP client thats built into Explorer.

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

WELL, as far as webservers go 20$ is almost free!?
    I know aplace where you can get unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwidth (transfers), unlimited email accounts, easy to use inferfaces and your very own domain name (not a yourname.companyname.com, but your very own yourname.com).
    I have my car club website with this place and its pretty good, and its also really cheap!

Other than having my car clubs website on this server, I have no ties with this company and receive no kickbacks! Check it out though, I think everyone should have there very own site, with no banners and popups! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Check out 1 quality host

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Mine is 7.95 a month. I get 100mb of space and 5 GB/month Data Transfer. It cost me 20 dollars to get my.com through them. With my whole site I have not gotten halfway to my alloted space. You get 10 email boxes etc.. etc... Here is the link to them
    http://www.hostsave.com

Hope that helps /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif