Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help calibrating speedo.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by midnitewarya, Feb 18, 2005.

1. midnitewarya

midnitewarya Sounds like a problem for future me. Premium Member

Iv'e got a '91 K5 and Iv'e been running 35's on 4.56's now for a little over a year. I live on a military base, so it's pretty important that I know how fast I'm going so I don't get one of those crazy tickets. Iv'e been told that to calibrate the speedo, I need to upgrade my ECM. I have not been able to find an ECM, much like I can't find many of the parts for the 89-91 K5s (aka K10s, aka 1500s). It's the stock 700r4 (aka 4L60), anyone know how to fix this?

I've also had trouble with my transfer, it leaks like hell no matter how many times I drop it and change the seals. The original yoke is gone, and so is the rubber stopper, I replaced it with a custom driveshaft. Is this leaking normal, I'm tired of cleaning the fluid off my rear window.

PS, has anyone seen some Grey Buckets for a 91 anywhere around Tuscon, AZ? They were "liberated" when my K5 was stolen and stripped.

midnitewarya@msn.com

2. Fierospeeder

Fierospeeder Banned

3. vlucdog

vlucdog Newbie

as a temp fix i used a gps . and just wrote the info down on a piece of paper

35's with a 2.73 speedo 46 mph , gps 55 mph

speedo 65 mph, gps 76mph

bill