Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED HELP! cant get my tailgate down

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by speedyvision917, Aug 14, 2004.

1. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

ok i think i finally found someone to replace all my floors, only problem is my rear window doesnt have a window motor, wich means i cant and dont no how to get it down to open up the tailgate so he can get in there easier to do my floors. is there a way i can manually get my window down??? or someway to get the tailgate down. i have no idea what to do /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif any tips will be helpful

2. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

If it still has the cable and transmission then just put the cable in your drill and zip the window on down... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

what do they look like? pic???

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Okay so
    1) Climb yer tail back there and take off the access panel
    2) You should see a cable that screws onto the window motor, looks just like a speedo cable, in fact it works like one.
    3) Unscrew from motor and place the metal part that actually turns inside the cable into your drill chuck.
    4) Using the drill the window should come down..