Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help changing my rear 60 to disks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddinallday, Aug 15, 2005.

1. muddinallday

muddinallday Registered Member

hey guys. im converting a 79' dana 60 over to discs for my blazer and i know ive seen pics and an article on here for it but cant find any info out on it. i need brackets and hardware and all that. i think 97-00 super duty discs work so i just need calipers, and hardware. any help would be greatly appreiciated. anybody still have that link for the article.

2. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

im not exactly sure but i think the article came from the pirate4x4.com. i did my conversion on my d60 in my 70' 3/4 truck, its been like 5 years ago, has worked great ever since then. made my own caliper brackets, i think i used the same rotors and calipers as the 14ff setup, i used the gm truck calipers not the e break calipers. still need a 'e' break though. my brackets are a little different then what is used on the 14ff setup. dont have any pics, but i can take some if you like.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2005
  3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

We make a kit for the GM rear D60. It uses all the same parts as a 14BFF kit, just different brackets. Our brackets are also made so you can clock the caliper to mount towards the front, above, or back. $100 for the brackets and mounting hardware. For some reason our website shows the 14B brackets when you click on the link, but the parts you would receive will be correct. I'll have to check into why our site doesn't show the right parts :thinking: :dunno: