Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help: D60 spindle bearing installation.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MuddinManny, Jan 15, 2007.

1. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Hi Guys,

Need a little help. Search only brought up how to remove not install.

I am ready to install my D60 needle bearings in the back of my spindles. I'm going to use the heat/freeze method...spindle at 400* in the oven, bearing in the freezer for 30 minutes or so.

My question is this: all pics from instuction manuals I have are inconclusive. I didn't pull the bearings. There is a line inside the spindle cavity where the bearing goes. Do I press it to that line, or all the way in? Is there a seal that sits on top of the bearing on the inner side?

The diagrams indicate that all the seals press against the oil sligner and that forms a seal with the back side of the bearing.

I can't make heads or tails of the diagram pictures. Here are my pictures from the disassembly.

Looks like there are seals in place????

[​IMG]

Definitely seals????

[​IMG]

A little help please. I have Dana Spicer B & S Kit 700014 from ORD.

Thanks,

Manny

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I usually use a bearing/race installer to get it most of the way in, then use the old bearing to set it a little deeper. If you look at teh spindle seals you can tell how deep it needs to be.

3. MuddinManny

MuddinManny Banned

Thanks ReadyMix!

I had to call ORD to order, and so I spoke with Stephen. He relayed the same information you did. I need to take these to a shop and get them pressed in. Thanks for answering!

Manny