Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help Fast... B/F is at the Steel Shop!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sarazk5, Mar 28, 2002.

1. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

I need to know how far apart the bolts are from eachother on each side of the crossmember for the tranny. For my earlier post of lowering the transfercase. He is at the steel shop now which closes earlier than we both get home... so no time to measure. I'm at work without my truck. Please help me :-)

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Boy, I must be bored cause I just went out to measure the '81 (TH350/NP208C). The whole member measures 33 1/2" so about 33" between the outside edges of the hols.

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

My Blazer is at my mom and dads house so its like 10 miles away, so I cant measure it. But if I remember correctly I think I got 6" per side for the spacers.

Hope you got this in time.

4. sarazk5

sarazk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks so much BlazerBoy.. but i actually needed the measurements between the bolts on the same side.... It is like about 6 to 8 inches. He just ended up buying two 8" long 1" pieces of steel. But thank you so much for measuring yours.
    Sara