Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED HELP FAST PLEASE!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 84CUCV, Aug 5, 2002.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

My friend and I are at my fathers friend shop and we are running short on time. We got to be out by 8:00am. My axles are not in yet and his are still out. We still need to finish the motor work and drop his sm420 and put in the rebuilt one and clutch. What I need help with is with the spring perches on a 14 bolt is it worth it to make perches out of some square stock?? A friend is coming around 9 to do some welding on the trucks and axles. Any tips on dropping and installing a sm420? Head gaskets for a stroked 350 and a 6.2 diesel, winch side goes up? Both of us are new to this and it is taking a lot longer then I thought. his is a 77 and mine is a 84 any other tips, tricks, other things that should be done that you guys can think of. Thanks a lot your help it is appreciated. Sorry for making it so long. One last thing anything we should to the steering to improve it?

Mike

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Here's a good article on making perches from square stock - </font color>

3. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Thanks for the reply. We ran out of time. Thanks Mike