Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED HELP FAST!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by Prembird, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Anyone with brake knowledge??? i need help fast.. I have a 91 tbird supercoupe.. Well i went out to leave this morning and noticed that i have a rock hard brake pedal, abs/brake lights stays on.. only about half inch to one inch travel in brake pedal, and no brakes... well barely any brakes... went ahead and drove it around the block to check it out.. get back and i have smoke rolling out from under my hood... well it is pushing brake fluid back out the fill hole in the resoivour... This is the only mode of transportation that i have and need help fast.. Thanks in advance for any and all info you can give me on this one...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

My guess would be a disconnected vaccum line going to the brake booster. It will cause a hard to push pedal. Did the car backfire at any point? This can cause a vac line to blow off. I dont know why it is pushing fluid out the resv.... Check the booster lines 1st. Keep me posted...

JH

'83 GMC Jimmy 4x4 ZZ4 Crate Motor
    '83 Chevy K20 Sand Drag Racer, 578 RWHP
    '94 Impala SS
    '01 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 w/8.1L & Allison Auto

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

thought you were leaving? good to see ya back.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

4. ScoobyDann

ScoobyDann 1/2 ton status

El Paso, TX (Far West Texas near Las Cruses
    if your still working on the car, my frined had a similar prob, but forgot what caused it--all ask him ASAP

Hut in the well is goin on in here?

sun desert offroad <a target="_blank" href=http://4x4.alloffroad.com>4x4.alloffroad.com</a>

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Sounds to me like you might have a piston cocked in the caliper/seized.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

6. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

still dotn know what is going on with it... its at the shop right now... Will find out more today... Thanks all

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

7. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

ok this is what me and scooter have figured out so far... we know i have an ignition switch problem... But on top of that we think the abs pump is going out, or just a check valve in the pump.... either way the pump needs to be replaced.... havent put it on a puter yet to see what it tells me but from everything that it is doing it seems like this is the problem.. Thanks for all the ideas.. .

Prembird

8. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

in case anyone cares i have found out what is going on in my braking system... I put in on a computer and the code 21 comes up.. This code is for the main valve... Well in cross refer. this code to the trouble shooting section.. It tells you to unplug a 2 wire harness and test the sensor with an ohm meter... The reading should be between 2 and 5.5 ohm... if it is not then you need to basically replace the master cylender.. or if it fall between those guidelines then you need to service/replace the 2 wire plug wiring harness.. Well after testing the sensor it seems that i am running at a 4.2 ohm.. meaning the sensor and master cylinder is fine... that i need to replace this plug/ wiring harness peace... To me this is awesome news as this wire is not very expensive to get and replace... But i just thought i would add an update to this thread in case anyone wanted to know the outcome

Prembird

9. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

glad it was'nt too expensive. Good luck with the fix.

John

'83 GMC Jimmy 4x4 ZZ4 Crate Motor
    '83 Chevy K20 Sand Drag Racer, 578 RWHP
    '94 Impala SS
    '01 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 w/8.1L & Allison Auto