Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help fast!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 17, 2002.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wife is freaking cause I watched the kids last night and forgot to give them chicken nuggets and forgot to take out the trash (they had a massive amount of mac and cheese, I just forgot the nuggets in the microwave all night).

She's all over me for being lazy today, and to top it off, I was up til 5am working on client machines, and I'm back in the basement today getting these things done, so quality time this weekend has gone to $**T too...

What do you guys do or suggest to get out of the doghouse??

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

When you fing out let me now.. I'm still in the dog house for buying the second K5....Dan

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Umm Ratch,
    Chickens don't have nuggets! There's your defence.

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

You didnt give the kids the chicken nuggets???????? What in the hell were you THINKIN' MAN? That's just plain unacceptable, shame on you. As for the garbage? That takes balls! Props to you. I havent tried that yet. If I were you I'd just stay in the basement, it's more fun down there anyway!!!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

just get out of the house, and come back when she's sane again... (like a couple hours - go to a movie or something)

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

call up and order dinner to be deliverd so she dont need to cook tonight get the kids to bed early then use your imagination for the rest of the evenning /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Um, say sorry... and then hope she realizes how goofy it is to be pissed off over chicken nuggets and trash. Dude you're working your butt off..... she should realize that...? The quality time was missed because you are making the bread so those chicken nuggest could even be bought! It happens, just tell her we need to plan some time and go from there.... but that's just me. Dunno how she'd react to that or fell about it?

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

ok, I gotta come a little cleaner (mostly cause she's going to post when I go outside I think)... She is mad that they didn't have nuggets, but I thinks that's just the focal point of her frustration...

Last saturday while she was working, I "forgot" to feed the kids. I know that sounds like a joke, but they were out all day, and I really thought they had eaten when they were out, and they never said they were hungry.

So she's mad at me because I don't listen mostly...

LOL, but Mudhog, I thought your idea was the best. She didn't think I'd be that "lucky" though...
    I just got an extra $50 from a client because his machine is so snafu'd, so I guess I'll blow it on dinner tonight...

btw thanks for the replies!

9. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Don't forget the flowers and chocolates......and kissing a little a$$ wouldn't hurt. LOL! ! ! !

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

give it a try works for me every time /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. NYinsWife

NYinsWife Registered Member

I can't believe I was "mad" at you for just forgetting chicken nuggets either! I may be PMSing, but I didn't think I was that cruel. Last Saturday when I went to work (6pm to 11pm) I told Rob many times don't forget to feed the kids dinner. I told him what to make and left it on the counter. I am not used to being without the kids so I must of said it 5 time before I walked out the door to feed the kids dinner. I come home that night and asked what the kids had for dinner? He just looked at me and tried to change the subject (with a grin on his face) My mouth dropped. YES I COULDN"T BELIEVE HE FORGOT TO FEED THEM DINNER. Not a big deal. Now this past Saturday I had the mac&cheese cooking on the stove and the chicken nuggets already cooked in the microwave to stay warm. I must of told him 4 time (at least) DON"T FORGET THE CHICKEN NUGGETS and he joked about remembering to feed them this time. Now I am at work and I decide to call him and the kids at 9pm....................ringringringringggggggggggg. The answering machine picks up. I leave a message "Please tell me you didn't take the kids out at 9pm at night.lol I know you are in the bedroom reading a bed time story. I'll call back in 10 min" After I hung up something told me to call my mom in-law, She had the girls and he had the little guy. He just had to go to home depot. Let me guess.... to get something for the truck right?!?!?!?! lol OK now I get home at 11:30 and I am starving!!! Unfortunatly I can't sit and eat yet because I have to feed our 20 month old first. I put the baby to bed, get in my sweats and my t shirt. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH now I'm getting comfortable..... Open my dinner and put it on a plate to heat it up in the microwave......... open the microwave door and what to my surprise............. Chicken nuggets! LOL ok enough of that.

I love and appreciate my husband more then he knows. I think he is the most wonderful husband and Daddy. (he should get time out for not listening) I would be the first to say he is a "very" hard worker for his family, not only working his day job but then coming home and spending very loving time with his children and myself. I am truly blessed and believe me I know this.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Your absolutely right, he should get quiet time for that irresponsible behavior, send him immediately to the under side of the truck, and remember not to harsh now, just 5 minutes for every year old he is.../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif thats should give her time to cool off Ratch, let us know what you get fixed under the Blazer... OOOHH yeah she's still reading this post HUH../forums/images/icons/shocked.gif/forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Ahhh, you guys have no idea how funny this is!

Outside looking in, ahh-man what a riot!

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Why do you think I'm instigating.../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif SHHHH!!!!

15. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Sucks to be you man! You can't even complain on here without being caught.... /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

16. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

You need to make your wife and kids a really big nice meal to fill their tummies! And tell them you hope it doesn't happen again. lol!

Man! Forgetting to feed your kids...sounds like you need a vacation! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Yeah, well..... "forgot" was just a good description, I actually really thought they ate already!
    And BTW, honey, if you left me the second carseat I could've taken the girls with me too! But I took the opportunity to bond with my boy in the plumbing section at home depot (on-board air system is starting to take shape!)...

She's a very tolerant wife, I'm actually very lucky to have a woman like her!

I kinda like the timeout under my truck idea, but let's expand that to just stay in the back near the garage with the truck...

This isn't really an issue anymore, we went to a kids restaraunt last night and somehow that was a good romantic dinner for us to make up over... But I figured it would turn into something funny on here, especially after I let her in on the post (kinda had to when we're "discussing" and 5 minutes later I'm banging away at the computer on ck5 for an uncharacteristic 2 minutes)...!

18. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

LMAO....Great post!

19. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

Dude, I have 1 word for you. WhiteBoard. they're so usefull, that here at work we have 3/4 of our entire offfice covered in floor to cieling whiteboards, holding everything from IP and router configurations, to programing notes, to-do lists, quick bursts of spontanious art ( my latest is the view from Picacho peak... we have no windows in here, so I draw windows occasionaly) and other such things.

I'm thinking about getting one to put by the door of the apartment I share with my bro. just a convenient message board to scrawl quick bits of info on as we come and go...

-Rich

20. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

too funny ratch and MRS ratch.

the whiteboard is GREAT! we have 2 of them - one about 11x14 on the fridge- with a white board marker tied to it- and 1 BIG school size one down here in my office.

the one on the fridge- gets the "john don't forget this or else.....notes"..ie--

TAKE OUT THE TRASH TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

YOU need to pick up gabrielle today!!!!!!

Gymnastics tonight!!!

etc. etc... I change it when their is nothing happening to
    dont forget- " I love you"... just so he doesnt tell everyone its my "Bitch Board"... which is how it started...

get a board- and just remember to look at it-- being on the fridge- he can't miss it- every time he opens the door he see's it LOL

nice to hear you made up!
    Brandy