Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help Fast

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther212, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Panther212

Panther212 Registered Member

I'm in desperate need of help... Been workin for 3 hours just trying to get the perfect angle when installing my 203. I've got a good tranny jack, but it doesn't tilt at that extreme angle that the 203 needs to connect with the turbo 350 adapter. Anyone ever install one themselves? I have the tranny jack til 1pm MST, so please help!

I HAVE TO GET THIS IN BY THIS AFTERNOON /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Oh yeah, and my back hurts, I've lifted the whole thing myself 3 or 4 times now... just venting /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

try putting blocks under the side that needs to be higher, and then strap it to the jack with some of those little ratchet straps.

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I built a Jig out of some 3/4 ply and some 2x4 scraps. Stack of washers and a 5/8s bolt to hold it to the jack. the stack of washers lets you tilt it a few degrees. Takes me about 15 minutes to get a 203 in with that. I use to have a picture of it but needed some space in my gallery and deleted it.

4. limey

limey 1/2 ton status

i had a b!+ch of a time doing mine i used 2 2x4 and is still couldent get it to stay on the jack very good. in fact i thought it was out to kill me i srtaped a 11x20 or so pice of ply wood to the top of the jack and then used the 2x4s that helped alot. i never thought i was going to get it in till i used that boar /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifd hope it helps

5. Panther212

Yeah, it was fun. My dad woke up at about 7 yesterday morning and helped me... We got it in in about 10 minutes...

After I had posted, I was suddenly enlightened. I took the bolts that go through the adapter to the tcase and put them through just the adapter, then I took a level and stuck it on those bottom two bolts sticking out and made a mental note of how the bubble in the thing sat. Then I spent about 30 minutes placing crap under the side of the 203 and measured the angle using the same method. It wasn't too stable, but it's much easier with two people. I've done the whole project (replace the rear freeze plugs) all by myself.

Anyhow, thanks for the info; I'm really relieved that it's in /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

must be a lot different from a 208...i put my 208 on a tranny jack and just lifted it up were i wanted it and i got it in failry easy..does a 203 have a wierd angle to it or something?

7. Panther212

yeah, if you take a look at a 203 it sits at an angle... there's not really a flat spot on the case where you can throw it on a jack and have it go on easy...

I can't really find a good pic to show you how it works, but just be glad you don't have to deal with it! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif