Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help finding a part

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SycoPawn, Dec 4, 2002.

1. SycoPawn

SycoPawn Newbie

I have a question out here in NJ that I havent been able to get any help with. * the delema * I just recently inherited my fathers 1985 Blazer K5 I know he did some swapping when he found it with its front end burried in a sand mound at Sandy Hook NJ as a goverment used vehicle that was stripped and abandoned. no front axle trans engine transfer case and driver side door just leaving the rear. this is where the pain begins. He Put a 350 motor with a 700 trans , New proccess transfer case. but dont know what year parts he used I broke the yoke connected to the driveshaft comming out of the transfer case I thought would be easy enought since I only snapped an ear off and broke the u joint but every blazer I have crawled under to match the part up to the splines wont match 8 junk yards and no avail. who would I call Chevy? and if so what information do I need to get the right one I dont see no numbers on the yoke there is still a tag on the transfer case. someone said count the splines of the yoke but I want to be sure before I order a dealer part and I know there are more experts here then anywhere else I know. would be great help if someone cant drop a note. Thanks . /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My first thought is it's a NP208 (probably this if it's an 85 and he kept it to stock specs) or a NP241 since it's mated to a TH700R4 tranny.... what shape is the t-case... like what's it look like... that'll help figure out what you got then you can go from there as what you'll need to ask for to repair it....

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

give Stephen a call at this place http://www.offroaddesign.com/ he really know his stuff and is very helpfull.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    he found it with its front end burried in a sand mound at Sandy Hook NJ

[/ QUOTE ] well hot dang i used to go fishing there all the time with my father when i was a kid living Spring Valley/Monsey NY (we lived like 2 miles from the Jersey border).

4. SycoPawn

SycoPawn Newbie

cool, I will check out the NP208 , NP241 see whaT I can find out about them atleast I got some models to research. appreciate it ChevyCalGal , and I will drop a note to offroaddesign and see if Stephen got some direction for me. thanks Beater , while I got a thread I was wondering. steering front end is pretty tight ok the steering box is seeing its age but besides that its all in pretty good condition for its age, but when I lets say take a shallow puddle the truck pulls hard not liek a hydroplane it acually takes the steering and turns the wheel. is this what the steering stablizer is supose to prevent? and yes this is my first 4x4 usually do GM F bodies transfer cases and lifts front axles things of that nature are pretty new to me. but I will keep you up to speed on if I find a part or not. blah ! I wanna drive it again.. thanks again .

5. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

the ole line post link to a picture of the thing as a picture is worth a 1000 word s:-)
    and besides i probably have the part you need 35.00 to land on your door step
    well i guess let me know
    Thanks and good luck