Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help finding carpet

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 6.2 man, Oct 19, 2006.

1. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Feb 17, 2000
    I am wanting to replace my blue carpet again . I bought off LMC and it hasn't held up too well . It is 5 years old and it looks 15 years old and faded in spots ! I havent abused so I am wanting to know whats out there qaulity wise ? How much is yours like factory original ? Also any buddy bought any carpet from GM ??? Thanks !!
  2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sep 21, 2000
    I am in the process of just finishing mine. I got Lapis Blue from www.stockinteriors.com. Lower doors, kick panels, and extra 2 yards so I could make the side panels. My vinyl got cut pretty bad to install my speakers and sub.

The front "mold" is really good...it's a bit oversize to allow for trimming and it went in Very well. The rear wheel wells fit pretty good also. I'm making the side panels out of 1/8" and gluing the carpet on. The hardest part was making the template. I should be finished this weekend. I have to fit a 12" custom box in the drivers rear side just ahead of the tailgate...pretty tight. I'm happy with the quality and thickness. I have the passenger side finished and it turned out pretty trick.

They sent me the Front with a couple of odd pieces, and then a day or so later I got a Complete front, rear, door panels, kick panels and 2 yards. I now have an extra front I may or may not keep.

The Lapis blue is a better match than what I had (sorta the stock greenish blue). My 89 is Midnight Blue with a White top.