Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help finding good ATV message board, or solution

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DukeBoy88, Dec 26, 2003.

1. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

I'll assume a good percentage CK5'rs also have ATV's, quads, etc. I'm looking for a good message forum to post the following question, unless someone here can help which would be great. All I've found are sites with kids ragging on each other.
    I just bought '04 yamaha grizzly, I love it except one thing. the headlamps are designed to install the bulb from behind, inserting through a hole. the bulb has a disk sodered to it to prevent it from pushing through the hole. a spring loaded contact twist locks on behind the bulb and a rubber boot fits over it all. problem is after running for 1/2 hour - hour with just the low-beams on, the soder melts and the spring loaded contact pops the bulb out into the reflector. this has happend twice to me, both sides. I've tried superglue which held for a while. I now have electrical tape on hoping it'll gum up when it melts and prevent it from sliding. these are just band-aid fixes, because yamaha claims this is user error, they say I must be locating the switch in between lo and hi beam, burning both fillaments, creating extra heat. my dealer says its a common problem with all the newer yamahas. I'm going to keep complaining to yamaha, but I want to ride my atv now, so I'm looking for solutions. If you have a solution or know a good site, let me know. thanks in advance.

2. Lotsa_Faith

Lotsa_Faith 1/2 ton status

3. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

Check out www.atvnation.com

IMHO, the "CK5" of atv boards.

I met some really great and helpful folks there when I was into ATV's. They have Q&A sections split up by manufacturers, and I think you will find what you need. Site was free when I was a member.

Good luck with your grizz!
    Byron

4. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I didn't know you were a member there, I was too. Under Jeremy Of course. lol.

Alot of the regulars from that board went to www.atvquadsquad.com try that one as well, alot of knowledgebale people there. I just hang out in the discussion area....i dont have a fourwheeler.... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif