Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help finding software

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Jan 5, 2004.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i dont know if theres any software you there that can in essince take a snap shot of your screen and detect certian words and from there perform an action. kinda like a nanny program, what i'm using it for would be work. I have to sit here for hours clicking yes or no when certian city's come up, i'd like to automate it if at all possible. Any suggestions?

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

What application is displaying the information? It would be much easier to look at the data being sent to the screen than to do a screen snapshot. The video displayed onscreen doesn't contain any ASCII information that could be matched. Any decent programmer could write some code to look at the incoming data stream and then perform certain functions when a particular match is found.

One question though... If the task became automated, would it mean you would be out of a job? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

lol i knew that would come up. I work from home and am on salary, so the boss doesnt care how i get it done, just that he gets his work on time, so if i didnt even have yo touch the comptuer he'd still be happy. I know i could take a screen shot then open it in omni page so scan for the word, but once i have determined yes or no, i dont know how i'd set the macro up to go on from there.