Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help from the AZ guys.

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by colbystephens, Dec 21, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

hey all. my starter is currently connected to my engine by one bolt. :o the other bolt hole in the engine block is stripped. can someone help me install a heli-coil to fix it? it sux having to tighten that bolt before i start the truck just about every time, and i don't think it's real safe. i'm concerned about my flywheel, and bumping down the trail on saturday won't help the situation. it'd be killer if you could help!!!

503 734 9571 - i should be reachable all day today, but i won't be available till after 8 tonite, and my phone probably won't be answered from about 5:30 till 8. i'm available any time tomorrow except a certain portion of the evening for gift exchange between the family here. :)

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

I'm pretty sure Tj is swingin by tomorrow lateish in the afternoon. We can put a heli-coil in there without to much trouble I'm thinkin.

Prolly gonna go see Charlotte's Web after I get off work tomorrow at noon, but after that is most probably free.

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

cool! i'm thinking that maybe the better route would be to get a bolt that's a bit bigger than 3/8's - maybe even the metric size - and just tap a bit larger hole, since the starter clearance holes are (i think) big enough to allow for a larger bolt. if not, it's probably no big deal to open one of those hole's up just a bit. whereabouts in phoenix are ya?

4. FWP

FWP CRS

Dude, If I was you-

Go to Napa- buy a heli-coil kit (comes with coils, bit and install tool). Beg, borrow a drill motor. Drop starter. drill out hole- install coil, then starter. Done.

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Not going to be able to, not going to make the trip either, trans is just whining way too much for comfort, and just doesn't feel right driving down the road, need to baby it as long as i can until i get the cash for yet another trans, or get one of the two i have now, rebuilt..

sorry, really kinda wanted to go, but drive, not ride, and now something else has come up for Saturday morning...

in the future sometime:crazy:

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Colby- SR 51 and Thunderbird

Tj, Tj, Tj. At least come over and b.s. with us while we lay in the driveway and pretend like we know what the hell we're doin.

7. NateInChandler

NateInChandler 1/2 ton status

tj, why dont you give me a call man, ill hook you up on a rebuild on your trans... nate

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Because I don't have your phone number,,, :p: :doah:

PM'd you