Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help from you body work gurus please

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ramjet gmc, May 12, 2002.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I am trying to repair my blazers floor I am having trouble finding the cross brace where the rear floor meets the front floor at the bolts a cross with of the truck. (The part with the welded nuts on it in the middle of the truck)
    If some one has the name or some pic on the repair of this on their truck I also need to find this part the LCM book is not listing it
    Thanks for your help /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

that part is not made to my knowledge. I hade to fabricate mine out of 1/4" plate that a guy put in his press and bent it for me. You can see pics of my whole rear floor swap at ... <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/22742026nbhEtBOZnc>http://community.webshots.com/album/22742026nbhEtBOZnc</a> If you have any questions or anything give me a shout.
    Ben 87 Jimmy

3. bking

bking 1/2 ton status

That was a most excellent link.................

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about just the outer edges with the nuts? Any two bit body supply shop should have them. Look on the bottom of <a target="_blank" href=http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com/blazers.htm>here</a>. They're cab mount patches/replacements. Personally, I don't see replacing a faulty system with the same. I used 1/8" box tubing for my toasted subframe. I had to cut some inspection panels in my floor to get at the new nuts, but if you've ever had a caged nut assembly jump the cage, you'd switch too. Itali83's looks really professional, mind looks kind home brew if you look close, but only the trained eye would pick up on it being different. I just welded the edge of box tubing to my rocker because it was the most stable thing there. I thought I'd test my idea one day and stood right one the tube (floor wasn't in yet) to try it out. I weight about 210 and had all my wieght on one foot, and it held!

5. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Year one and Cheyenne truck parts also sells the front and rear cab supports. Raybuck autobody parts sells channel type crossmembers as well as cab mounts. I like the idea of the box tubing if mine rotted out I might go that way.

6. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

Thanks for positive replies guys.
    Ben 87 Jimmy

7. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Itali83 that’s what I need thank you
    looks like I need to buy a welder
    /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

8. Itali83

Itali83 1/2 ton status

No problem, let me know what you do and I'll gladly help you out with tips and more pictures if you need them. Keep in touch and best of luck to you!
    Ben 87 Jimmy