Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help getting blazer running

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Oct 8, 2005.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

delete

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

old gas??

See how the oil looks on the dipstick first!--if its white,read the next paragragh!--Next thing to do is get all the old gas out of the tank,blow it out with an air hose (the fuel lines) and put a new fuel filter on it--then add some liquid carb cleaner to fresh gas and run it awhile--might spray some gumout down the carbs air vent tube while its running to flush the varnish out of the carb bowl and jets..you'll probably have to keep racing it to prevent it from stalling,but don't rev it too high,you might break some carbon loose with the carb cleaner,that could hurt something...

Your valves might be sticking in the guides too if its been sitting a long time without being started--a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil in the crankcase wont hurt--let it run a half hour or more,then change the oil and filter--I'd avoid driving it with that in it though,in case it loosens up a lot of crud..that will loosen up the valves and clean the oil pump screen,and any sludge that built up..if the oil looks milky,I'd change it first,then add the Marvel Oil,and change it again after running it awhile.. :crazy:

3. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Yeah, let her run for a while with a fresh oil change. My boat motor needed about a half hour under load to free the rings and valves up. It's run awesome ever since. I have no idea how long it had set before I bought the old dog, but it was a long time.