Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help hooking up EGR.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Liberator, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Well, it's time to get the beast smogged but I'm having trouble figuring out what the heck this EGR hooks into. There's one vacuum line fitting coming off of it. Where does it go?
    Haynes manual has diagrams up to 1980, skips 81 through 83 and picks up on 84. For 81 thru 83 it says refer to diagram sticker. I have an 81 and don't have a diagram.
    This is the last step before it's towed to the station to get smogged. Please help!

Thanks,
    Bo

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm not sure if there are inline switches (like the TVS) that vintage for EGR, but I know there is an EGR port on the carb, which is "ported" vac, dependent on throttle position for actuation.

If it is thru the TVS only, I doubt you'd have any problems running the EGR straight from the port on the carb, just make sure the vehicle was thoroughly warmed before taking the test.

3. Liberator

Liberator 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info. I hope this works!

Bo