Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help, I got a lift question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rebel222, Nov 8, 2000.

1. rebel222

rebel222 Registered Member

I FINALLY GOT MY BLAZER MOVING!!!!!!!!! Now that it moves I had to test the 4wd. Shouldn't have done that yet. It vibrates a lot when in 4wd. I have heard of vibrations with the driveshaft angles, but this only has 2 1/2" of lift. Is that enough to make it vibrate that bad? Could it be a bent driveshaft or a bad u joint? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Its probably a bad u-joint

90K5

3. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

This may sound stupid...but make sure that the transfer case is locked into gear all the way. When i had my exhaust done, they thought the tranfer case shifter was the tranny. As a result, when I got the truck back, It had a hidious vib'. When I checked the transfer case, it wasn't in gear all the way. Just a possibility. Good luck!

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I don't know if this would matter, but it would be a good idea to check anyway. Make sure the transfer case has enough fluid in it.

90K5