Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help (ideas) on moving vehicles about 1200 miles

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fourwheelerjeff, Mar 28, 2002.

1. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

ok guys, heres the deal, i have a blazer in ohio to pick up and a truck in chicago, as well as some parts in michigan (tires and lift), so far about the only idea i come up with is taking my truck and towing the blazer back with my truck and then turning around and going and getting the rest of the parts and towing the truck back to texas, yeah i know, my dumb butt shouldn't buy stuff so far away!! anybody got any idea on how to make it easier, thought about trying to rent a rollback but that would be way expensive, thanks...jeff

2. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Do either of your new purchases run?

Just thinking you could fly up to the one that runs (plane tickets are cheap right now), drive up to Michigan, load the stuff in the bed, then drive over to the other truck and tow it home. Would cost a little for a plane ticket and flat towing setup, but would have to be cheaper than driving all the way up there, bringing one back, then driving all the way back up there again and bringing another back.

I'm buying a K5 from a guy here in Michigan who goes out to Montana and brings rust free trucks back here. What he and his buddies do are rent cars or fly out to Montana, look around for a few days, buy a 3/4 ton truck or something, then a 1/2 ton or maybe even a car you can't get here any more (damn rust) and tow it back with the big truck./forums/images/icons/cool.gif Get back home, sell both./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

well, the blazer supposedly runs, but it also sits on 12 inches of lift and 39.5 boggers, the truck has a cracked tranny (turbo 400), i was thinking if i could buy one more, then i could hire one of those 3 car haulers to carry them back,LOL

4. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

12" of lift and 39.5" boggers, yep, sounds like a Midwest truck. Not much point in towing with that puppy. That'd be what, a 16" drop hitch?/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

See if you can find a roll back truck for rent or something. Not really sure what to tell you.

5. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    check with companies that move cars maybe through an auto dealer. If they are going to the area you could probably get it done a lot cheaper and it would be delivered to your door. You see these pickups with like 3 car capacity trailers all the time. Just a thought.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

HAVE YOU LOOKED INTO AUTO TRANSPORTERS ??? I HAD A TRUCK TRANSPORTED 600 MILES FOR UNDER $500.00