Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help identifying front axle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ftn96, Aug 17, 2001.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

I just got my 3/4 fotn axle delivered and its supposed to be a 10 bolt 8 lug, which it appears to be.
    Heres the problem, my current 1/2 ton 10 bolt hub looks like this ( | | ) the new one looks like this ( \ / ) and has a cap that you just pop on and off. So I was thinking that my current 10 bolt hub lock out unit (warn premium) will not work on this new hub. Also when I took the cover off the tip off the spindle and the lock out "yunit" thats in there looks totally different than my 90 unit. Can somebody help me here?

Learning to fry bacon!! [​IMG]
    3/4 in progress[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>

2. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a one out of a full time truck. I had a D44 out of a fulltime '75 blazer and it had the cap on the hub (no manual lockouts) From what I understand, you just have to buy the manual lockouts for it and put em on, but not sure on that.

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

That not what want to hear!![​IMG] By the way those pictures I used up there are from an over head view looking down on the hubs.
    Anyone else got some info here? COME ON WES I know you have all the answers

Learning to fry bacon!! [​IMG]
    3/4 in progress[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</a>