Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help in Austin !!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, Jul 12, 2000.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Well I am trying to recruit some bodies in or around Austin to help me lift my new blazer body on the frame... And take the old one off of course. Anybody? Dinner and beer provided.. :)

It's better to Have IT than to not need it, Than to Need it and NOT HAVE IT !!!!

2. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'll be in Austin for Texas Heat Wave next weekend. If it's still not done by then, I'm game!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress

3. bigdaddy89

bigdaddy89 1/2 ton status

rocko,

I don't know if this will help out or not, but when I did my body transfer I took some long pipe and put it between the body and frame with about eight guys. It's pretty heavy.

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thanks Laketex.. I may take you up on that offer.. I've got about 4 people so far that can help. I can't thank you enough for offering.. it's good to see help is there when you need it. It'll definately make the "BLAZER" project more memorable.. Especially when we'll get to meet Members of this site.
    Again, can't thank you enough for saying you'll help..
    CK5 FOREVER !!!

It's better to Have IT than to not need it, Than to Need it and NOT HAVE IT !!!!

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Sorry, rocko, I WISH I could come to your aid, but my bro is coming in tonight and I only get to see him once a year, but maybe I can coax him in to going up there to help you! Believe me, I really do wish I could help you! Oh, yeah, the gun show is this weekend at crockett center.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

6. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Hey Blazer Guy..
    We might just wait til next weekend when Laketex is in town. And it'll give me time to get a few friends to come over and help also. So if it's not done this weekend.. how does next weekend sound? I'm headed to the SAXET gun show here in Austin on hwy 290. See you there?

7. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Hey man, if "next weekend" is the 22nd I'll help....a little! My spine is just about ready for replacement.[​IMG]
    I'll lift the lite end! I'm still comin' to get my parts anyway. LMK

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

8. rick87K5

rick87K5 Registered Member

Rocko,
    I'll be glad to help; but I know I've gotta work one day out of that weekend. I'm just not sure which day it is at this point. If you can use the help on which ever day it is that i'm free, then I'd like to check out your project and lend a hand.

rick87K5

9. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Rick, Micheal and BlazerGuy..
    Thanks for your responses.. I am going to wait til the next weekend July 22nd weekend do make the tub xfer. I really appreciate the help.. :)
    And I can't miss the gunshow this weekend.. I need reloading supplies.. :) My Dillion RL 550 is just sitting on the workbench neglected.. Just like my .45's.. Have to take my other babies out this weekend and do some target shooting.
    Talk to ya'll later.
    Rocko

10. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

All who voluntered(sp) to help me swap Blazer bodies.. It has been changed to the weekend of July 22nd. I appreciate all who said they'd help... Now .. what kind of beer does everyone like? And Pizza? sound good? Call me at home if you need directions. Home number is on my profile.
    Thanks again.. Gotta love when fellow Blazer owner's come together.
    Rocko !!

11. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Hope it's not this hot next weekend. :) lol
    Who's going to the gunshow in Austin? See you all there !!!

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

If I go, I'll be the one pushing the wheelchair around! That is if my dad is up to the challenge. Next weekend sounds good, I'll be outta school!

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

13. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

14. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Preferably before it gets too hot... this weather after 9 is almost too hot to work in....what time is good for you guys...? Let me know, we will coordinate form there.

15. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I don't have anything else to do that weekend.

YEEEEE HAWWWWW[​IMG]

16. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

hot or not, it doesn't matter to me. I'll be staying in a hotel off the interstate, will give you a call for directions. I'll be in town Friday night thru Sunday around 2...so I'm game anytime in between.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Durant, Ok
    '79 Blazer in progress