Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$ Need help in CA $

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by socal chevy, Sep 1, 2005.

1. socal chevy

socal chevy 1/2 ton status

Anyone around Orange county, CA that can help me finish installing my 350? I am not experienced enough to be doing this SH!T, and I dont have a second hand to help me out with certian things. My truck has been sitting for over 3 weeks in my sisters garage, and shes getting pissed. I will pay whoever can help me. If you can or know someone who can, please PM me or call me at 714-915-5595.

I live in San Clemente, CA.... Off pico and the I-5...

Thanks. :doah:

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if you can wait until about.. 3pm on the 7th i will be more than wlling to help.

call me... 928-246-7648
    ill be back in town late tuesday evening. im at pendleton
    Grant

3. socal chevy

Im hoping to finish before then. But if I cant find anyone then I will definately give you a call. Thanks..

That is one sick crawler by the way!!

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

****, sorry man...but if I were in the area...we could have that in in no time....like 1-2 hours. Good luck man. So I guess this is TTT.
    -Harrison

5. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

What exactly are you having trouble with?

CK5 is THE place to go for this kind of stuff. I did my first swap, pulled the manifold off, changed the intake gaskets, figured out the belt brackets, dropped my tank, fabbed an inline pump setup, adjusted fuel pressure, put headers on, got a bunch of adapters to fit the 79 block(went from an 88) etc. with the help of this site and a manual. A swap isn't the hardest thing to do by any means... Just have to relax and take it one thing at a time. Make a list and check things off.

IF you posted up your problem i'd bet we could help you without you paying for it. :D :thumb:

6. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

What exactly are you having trouble with?

CK5 is THE place to go for this kind of stuff. I did my first swap, pulled the manifold off, changed the intake gaskets, figured out the belt brackets, dropped my tank, fabbed an inline pump setup, adjusted fuel pressure, put headers on, got a bunch of adapters to fit the 79 block(went from an 88) etc. 100% by myself except for the help of this site and a manual. A swap isn't the hardest thing to do by any means... Just have to relax and take it one thing at a time. Make a list and check things off.

IF you posted up your problem i'd bet we could help you without you paying for it. :D :thumb:

7. kotton

kotton Registered Member

i dont know anything about that stuff but im good for handing u tools and holding beer.

8. adamforsythe

adamforsythe 1/2 ton status

what is wrong....is the engine in the truck?
    Thanks
    Adam

9. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

what days do you have available? I can try and help, but not sure if i know enough about allthe hoses and wires to really help

10. socal chevy

I have no clue how to put the belts on correctly, how to bolt up the ac unit, etc... Just misc small stuff. Plus I want someone there to show me what everything is and how it works.

Mainly I want someone there to diagnose a problem if I run into one.

11. socal chevy

Your welcome to cruise over if you wanna learn some stuff.

12. socal chevy

The engine is in the truck. I need someone there to overlook what I have already done, and help me put the hoses / belts / radiator / and otehr misc parts on, and do it correctly. Mainly I need someone to help me diagnose a problem if I run into it..... Lets say the truck runs like **** with the new 350... stuff like that.

13. socal chevy

Thanks for the offer, but I need someone experienced with engines... :D

14. Roz

Roz 1/2 ton status

we have a couple of guys that are good and a mostly complete garage if u could of/ can get it here, and im mostly free this weekend minus wheelin sometime. dont konw if that helps though.

i know it sucks workin on ure rig by ureself. ill see what i can turn up if u still need help this weekend.

(an excuse to get out and meet fellow CKers :D )

15. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I just live down the street from Roz. I have my daughter this weekend but still could prolly try to figure something out. Don let me know.

Ira

16. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Also invest in a Haynes or Chiltons manual. They usually have vacuum and wiring diagrams in them. Not to mention how to remove and install just about anything on your truck.

Ira

17. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Hey I would be willing to help no problem at all. I have driving school on sunday :doah: but I think that ends at around 2pm or so. I live near L.A. (a few miles south) On saturday I am going riding but I will be home before its too late, ohh and monday I dont work and I have all day free. Let me know whats up I dont mind, its fun working on these things. The only thing I ask is you come down and help me with my install of my t-case (205's are heavy arses) and maybe a few other little things.

Jeremy
    (310) 678-5010

18. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

Dude i know exactly what your goin through with the brackets... I found out that the best way to do it was to look at somebody else's complete motor and go from there. Take pictures of the belts, hoses, and vacuum lines and you should be able to figure it out from there ... or if you have a digital camera i could tell you what hoses go where and which brackets bolt to what.

just post up some pics of the "problems".

19. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

I could come over , buy beer, make jokes, let my boys run loose in your front yard with their power wheels , and make everyone laugh :D other than that, i have a complete motor you can look at, an 85 chev . :D

20. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

arent you in norcal hi pinion?