Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help/info: 3 quick questions:updated

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Jun 27, 2002.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

ok, first off i wondered if anyone has ever put window screen in their blazer top like pu-toppers have, and if...how? my intentions are to take the blazer eventually camping and not to let the little critters in ! next i bought awhile back the truck guages on ebay that have the vac guage in them. my intentions are to install a tach dash in my rig, but that means no place left for the vac guage. any suggestions on what to do....i still want to use it. what do you guys think about removing the factorey temp guage and putting the vac guage in its place ? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif then installing under the dash an after market temp guage to replace it by ? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif also, where and what do i hook it up to ? last question, im in the process of installing an original roof rack on my rig. i want to run bolts all the way through instead of rivets. can anyone let me know how thick the top is and what size of bolts to purchase, please ? many thanks in advance. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Re: need help/info: 3 quick questions

I can't be help on two of your questions, but a buddy of mine did screens on his K5 - he used ½" channel from Home Depot and fiberglass screen, and held them on with 3M double stick tape.

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Re: need help/info: 3 quick questions

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    can anyone let me know how thick the top is and what size of bolts to purchase

[/ QUOTE ] My con ferr rack came with rubber anchors with metal threads inside, 1/2 inch long (the anchors). They are pressure held, like any other anchor. Drill a 1/2" hole, insert the anchor then screw the rack holder piece into it, or fashion a clamp that would clamp your rack and be able to be screwed into the anchor. Should find the anchors easily enough at home depot.

As for the screen, I would use a similar anchor inside the truck, around the window, then screw in a snap (available at most sewing/fabric stores, and probably home depot too). Afix the other part of the snap to the screen and when you want it, snap it on. Actually I really like this idea...think I'll do this too! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status