Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

need help. its too damn cold...

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hailey, Jan 22, 2003.

1. hailey

hailey Registered Member

my heater has gone out in my 72 and i am freezing my tail off!!
    the heater went out a few weeks ago. i was going to put it in the shop anyway, so i told them to take a look at it. they said it was just a blown fuse. they replaced it and i was warm again. well the other day, the fuse blew again. could it be a bad switch? they put a 25 amp fuse in it, so i tried to replace it with that. now, everytime i put a new one in, it blows when i start it up. the first time it blew, it was on high. i went to turn it down, and the switch hung so i had to force it a bit. when it poped free, the fuse blew. anybody got any suggestions? thanks

hailey

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

sounds like you have a short some place /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

sounds like switch is worn out bad, time for another one from parts truck or something, should be someone on the forum with one for you /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif