Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help locating part numbers - 90 K5 or Sub

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, Jul 9, 2003.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I am trying to locate the GM part numbers for:
    1) upper bracket that holds the factory oil cooler to the radiator support
    2) lower bracket that holds the factory oil cooler to the radiator support
    3) and the lower rubber cushions that support the radiator

The application is a 90 Suburban, but I think that the K5 would be the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

It appears that there are two ways to skin this cat...

From 71/2 up till the demise of the square nose aka C/K series as we know it...which was redesignated in 87 as the R/V series...which officially went away in 91.....anyways...enough on history...73 to 91 used the same cooler a but with a change in brackets for the oil cooler due to the change in core supports in 81... but the cooler stayed the same....then i went and bought a 90 V2500 burb and it has the oil cooler that was used from 92 up that looks like a B&M cooler....but gm did change things depending on C/K 123....so depending on the tonage...

I bought a kit on ebay a while back...for the 81 up sheetmetal so the brackets are shorter..the kit PN# is 997878....the Pn#s as follows...

14026211 (2 ea) Bracket Asm.
    14027378 (1 ea) Bracket-Oil Cooler
    3053355 (1 ea) Oil Cooler Asm
    14055581 (1 ea) Hose Asm. Inlet
    14055587 (1 ea) Hose Asm. Outlet

Those are the meat and potatoes of the cooler...i can look in my R/V series parts book later this week for the other style of cooler...been workin late quite a bit as of late.

Note all K5 Burbs have a hole in the drivers side of the front xmember for the clamp that holds the cooler lines in place.

DW

3. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the information. I should have said that I have the newer style cooler (that looks like the B&M cooler). If you have those part numbers, I would appreciate it.

4. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I'll break out the R/V parts book tomorrow when i get home...and i'll get the Rpo code out of the glove box of our 90 burb as an alternate way yo go at it...

DW

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    It appears that there are two ways to skin this cat...

Note all K5 Burbs have a hole in the drivers side of the front xmember for the clamp that holds the cooler lines in place.

DW

[/ QUOTE ]
    Nope they don't /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I can even provide a picture.

2wd has a different crossmeber and the oil lines pass under it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I have to admit that i am apt to overlook a few details...and i have never owned a C version before so it is in the relm of possability...and yes gotta have the pic before i go junk yard hoppin just to look a C front xmembers...

Goin to denver for a EBAY "dollar" 77 K5 rolling chassis and bare tub with.....3/4 gear...4.56 gears...less than 10K on brakes-axle u-joints...etc...hehehehe

Motor is done from the machine shop....$989.64..heads rebuilt allthe usual block work...all i gotta do is assemble...workin tomorrow to gather 16 hours of o/t for the next motor...5/6 rod are wiped in the chalet's 400...but i did get to drive it with tbi! Real runner!

Later grimy

7. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I still need help finding these part numbers. Anyone?

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Can't you call the local dealer and ask availability/part number?