Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help matching years for brake parts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blue85, Oct 15, 2001.

1. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

I am working on some rear disc brakes. I picked up some front caliper mounting brackets of an unknown year. I have been buying up front brake parts using the year 1985. On my '85 fronts, this bracket has threaded inserts that the caliper mounting bolts screw into. On the brackets that I just picked up, there is just a hole. Am I looking at a different caliper mounting system from a different year? If so, what years used this setup? That way I can start picking up brake parts for those years.

Maybe I am just confused as to how these things are supposed to mount to the bracket anyway....

<font color=green>Does a Dyslexic Insomniac Athiest lay awake at night wondering if there's really a Dog?</font color=green>

2. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

OK, The inserts are there, I was crazy yesterday but today I feel much better. [​IMG] The problem is, it feels like the threads of the new caliper bolts I bought are a little different than the threads in the bracket. I don't have a tap of the right size to chase them. I will check today if any other bolts are available.

<font color=green>Does a Dyslexic Insomniac Athiest lay awake at night wondering if there's really a Dog?</font color=green>