Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help??? No output from the coil

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by raptorGTA, Aug 25, 2003.

1. raptorGTA

raptorGTA Registered Member

Maybe someone can help me that has done a TPI swap with a painless wiring harness. I do have power at the coil and the computer when in the start and run position. The tested distribiter and everything checked out O.K. Enyone have any ideas on what else it could be. Thanks

2. raptorGTA

Someone has to have some ideas.

3. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

see if there is a burnt spot in the top center on the rotor. it might be shootin down the distibutor shaft to the oil pan. happened on mine before, but it was just hei. but thats just a blind shot in the dark.

nathan

4. tlbob

tlbob Registered Member

i know that you have to run a lot larger wire to the power in put on the coil like 10ga. do you have an msd box? is it the stock coil? after market? normal hei? sorry i could not help more /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. raptorGTA

It is the stock external coil for TPI system. I also had the cap off the distributer and didn't see anything out of place. But my problem is that I'm not getting any spark out of the coil so the distributer would not have spark anyway. Thanks for the ideas, anyone have more.

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Have you checked the resistance of the coil? That is how you test them.

7. raptorGTA

This is the second new coil. I thought the first one might have been bad so i took it back and got another new one. So I don't think its the coil but I'll test it to make sure.