Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help on mounting my Warn 8274

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chaka73, Apr 8, 2000.

1. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Hey guys I did buy that Warn 8274 winch but now I need some ideas on how to mount it, I have a brush guard in the front can I mount it on that brush guard or do I need a special bumper, I was looking at the one Kennesaw makes but I noticed that the brush guard has to go in order to put the new bumper, I really dont want to let the brush guard go, I go hunting once in a while and I dont want to end up with a mest up front end, that happened to my friend hit a deer that crossed the road and he couldn't stop and ended up with about $1000 worth of damage any ideas would be very helpful and I hope I dont offend any animal activists in here if any I do all my hunting legally, but that's not the issue anyway thanks guys.

keep blazin !!!

2. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Call KMA. They've got a brushgaurd that they will attach to the front of their bumper. Doesn't stick out any farther though. I talked with Kyle at KMA Last week, he sent me some pictures of it. Give them a call.

Depending on the pushbar/brushgaurd that you have I would be leary about mounting a winch to it. I've got the smittybuilt bumper thumper on mine and I'd be more than happy to push something but less than thrilled about winching off of it. The thing seems bulletproof enough but still makes me just a little nervous about putting that kind of stress on it.

Kyle
    89K5

P.S. Damn you for buying my winch!!!
    hehehehehehehehehehehe!!!