Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help on my 85 chevy k10

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85chevyk10, Aug 17, 2005.

1. 85chevyk10

85chevyk10 Registered Member

Alright im gonna try to cover a few things that im wondering about my truck. i own an 85 chevy k10 with a 4 inch lift on 33 bfg all-terrains and i need some help. My front springs are really sagged and have a big flat spot. I want to order a pair of 6 inch springs for the front because a buddy of mine works at a offroad shop and said it looks like i have 6 inch springs in the back because i have so much clearance witht the 33s. i bought the truck with the lift and tires already on it so i do not know what all it has. if i do infact get the 6 inch springs and the front sits higher id probly bolt on some 2 inch blocks. would i need to lengthen my driveshafts with the 6 inch springs and also get a new steering arm(or drop pitman arm??) im purdy sure my truck already has it but i could be wrong. Ive already cracked my frame around the steering box and installed offroad designs frame repair kit and the brace and im very satisfied but my steering still feels so crappy. im gonna get a friend to see if any my bushing or anythign are shot and if there still are good im gonna save up and buy a borgeson steering shaft and some daul steering stabilizersand hopefully ill fix it. also i want to add another shock at each corner but im not sure what the best way to do this is. i manage a welding shop and i have acess to alot of tools but i dont know where to begin. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks, Chris

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

My driveshafts were ok with a 6" lift on the K5 I used to have.
    A raised steering arm is needed for a 6" lift; your axle may have one already.
    I don't like dual shocks, especially with tires as light as 33's.

3. 85chevyk10

85chevyk10 Registered Member

respond

thanks for the info. i plan on going up to 38s with a 6 inch lift and cutting my fenders so id go tot he daul shock setup then. im still debating if i wanna go to 4.56 gears or not before or after i buy the new 35s but thatll be abother thread i recon. is this a member only thread or can anyone respond?if it is for everyone where do members go to talk? Chris

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Anyone who is a registered user can post here in the Garage.