Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help on S15 Jimmy

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by jscott615, Mar 28, 2003.

1. jscott615

jscott615 Newbie

just bought '85 s15 jimmy w/ the 2.8 v6.......having trouble starting...aslo been stallin a little here and there and does not want to accelerate....i know these engines have little or no pick up at all but i have to put my foot to the floor to get the truck to go.....any suggestions on what the prob. might be?---thanx

2. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Heres a list for you-
    1. Is the air filter clean?
    2. The fuel filter probably needs to be replaced.
    3. You should check the sparkplugs to make sure none are too dirty
    4. If that doesn't fix it I would dump a bottle of carb. cleaner in the gas tank, then get a can of spray carb. cleaner and clean all the exterior linkages, the choke plate, and the throttle plate.

hope this is helpful /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Jeremy

3. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

Check the usual items as listed, if you don't find anything, drop the exhaust and start it up, the catalytic convertor may be plugged, it will cause problems like you describe.

4. jscott615

jscott615 Newbie

today i replaced the air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter. and vacum lines----starts better now but still no improved acceleration---thanx for the help so far but does n e one have any other suggestions....thanx again