Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help on this one....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Green71, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Green71

Green71 Registered Member

My Friend has a 1993 k1500 pickup with the 350tbi 460Le auto trans. His truck wont start unless he presses on the gas pedal while starting. Its never done this before. When it does finally start, it runs rough. I was thinking maybe clean the injectors, new fuel filter, timing? Need some help on this one guys. thanks for all the help! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

Does it only act this way when the engine is cold, or is it that way all the time? If it's only when cold, the coolant temp. sensor may not be reading correctly and the ecm isn't richening up the mixture to help with the cold start. The coolant sensor is on the front of the intake manifold by the thermostat housing, it's a two wire sensor.

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Start with the easy stuff first, brother. Swap out the fuel filter right off the bat. Chances are it needs replacing anyway(I install a new fuel filter once a year). Now pop off the air cleaner and take a look at the injector spray pattern- if it looks uneven or is dripping at all, the injectors probably need a good cleaning.

If you have access to a pressure gauge setup, it's probably worth it to check the ouput of the fuel pump. I'm not sure what EFI needs- I'm a carb guy myself.

I highly doubt it's spark issue seeing that pushing the pedal helps the sucker start.

Like I said above, so the cheap and easy checks before you start worrying too much about anything else.

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

TBI uses 9-12 psi for fuel

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif