Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need Help on this one......

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Green71, Jan 29, 2003.

1. Green71

Green71 Registered Member

My Friend has a 1993 k1500 pickup with the 350tbi 460Le auto trans. His truck wont start unless he presses on the gas pedal while starting. Its never done this before. When it does finally start, it runs rough. I was thinking maybe clean the injectors, new fuel filter, timing? Need some help on this one guys. thanks for all the help! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

sound like it might need a tune up just a thought
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. MJB774X

MJB774X 1/2 ton status

first I would replace idle control valve, located on passanger side of throttle body, or maybe tps also located on that side. injectors could be bad and are simple to replace. if the engine surges I would deffinitly say idle control valve though. I just did an icv and injectors on a 93, big difference, don't touch any of those until you know your plugs are good and dist. is properly timed. I had a buddy plug in a scanner to see if any codes came up before I did this, you may want to take it to shop and scan it before you spend any money on parts /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif