Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help on Trans Linkage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NARLEYDOG, Sep 9, 2005.

1. NARLEYDOG

NARLEYDOG Newbie

Hello, I just completed an engine swap on my 91 S-10 Blazer 4.3 4wd. the donor was a 91 S-10 Blazer 4.3 2wd. Both automatic trans. the 2wd was my daughters that she wrecked. I found the 4wd complete w/ a blown engine. Both identical xcept 4wd vs. 2wd. On the 4wd, someone had already removed the linkage between the trans & frame, so I don't know what it should look like. The one from the 2wd appears to be about a 1/2 inch short to make it to the frame. Am I missing something or is there an alignment problem? Thanks in advance for any help. NARLEYDOG :confused: :1zhelp:

2. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Why not take a few quick measurements and go to the junk yard and check? Or you could buy an aftermarket shifter and just use a cable.

3. NARLEYDOG

NARLEYDOG Newbie

Thanx for your reply. Most junkyards around here frown on letting people out in their yards and generally not very good at customer service. They just want to sell you the part, right or wrong for the quick buck. I think I've figured out how to make mine work. Thanks again. Narley

4. uglyangelracing

uglyangelracing 1/2 ton status

Well if you need anything just drop me a line maybe I can stop at the JY and take some pics for you