Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Need help ordering differential parts!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by lehtola, Aug 8, 2002.

1. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

I posted a message earlier and thanks for those who responded. I'm wondering who you would order parts from? I'm guessing JEGS or Summit. I'm not ordering from 4 Wheel Parts. For a total rebuild...What do I need? Seems like there are install kits and the ring and pinion. What about seals and all that? Are there any kits that include that or what?

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Most "complete" install kits for R&P's include shims (at least a few), new bearings, new pinion yoke seal, new cover gasket, marking compound, and directions. Most times you will have to buy your own axle seals (as the axles need to be removed and it's a good idea to replace the seals while your in there). Some kits may come will axle seals, but none that I have used.

3. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

i ordered from reider racing since there local to me. i got the master install kits just to be safe. plus the difference was like 20 bucks.

4. tipoil

tipoil 1/2 ton status