Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!! engine boggs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1badk5blaz, May 1, 2006.

1. 1badk5blaz

1badk5blaz Registered Member

Ok first off I can not seem to figure out what to do. I have a 76 blaz with the 350. It now seems to want to bogg out when im driving(just one day it decided to do that). I just rebuilt the carb which is a edelbrock 600 cfm electric choke. Before I rebuilt it, it was bogging bad and was blowing out black smoke. Now that I rebuilt it it boggs with no smoke. Not sure what to do or what to look for. I am not sure how to fix v8s but Im trying to learn(Im a 4 banger guy). I did put new plugs, wires, and fuel filter on within the last few months. The dizzy is less then 2 yrs old. So if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Can you be more specific about when it bogs? Engine cold, hot, or at any temp? Light, medium, or heavy throttle, or at any throttle position? Does it bog when you push the gas down a little ways, but smooth out if you really punch the pedal?

3. 1badk5blaz

It depends. I drove it to work this morning temp was around 180 started to give it gas at 50mph and it started bogging bad. I went to give more and it felt like it was going to die. I would let off the gas give it a sec the put the gas down and it bogged again. It also bogged a 20, 30mph or more. Id say any throttle and any speed. When i drove it home I didnt get on it and it drove fine, I guess I was afraid to gas it and have it die on me.

4. 1badk5blaz

anyone please

5. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Could actually be leaning way out. Does this occur only when you accelerate relatively hard? If so I think you may need to check out your accelerator pump circuit, or whatever it is on an edelbrock.

My Holley did this. You could actually make it die if you got on it hard enough. I had to richen up my accelerator pump circuit.